Argumentative essays tend to require a tad bit more research and logic than their cousin, the persuasive essay—but your middle school students will relish the opportunity to argue convincingly to readers all of the same.
And, more importantly, while they research their papers, gather evidence, and form their positions and arguments, they’ll be learning and practicing a number of important writing and thinking that is critical.
By using these 33 new argumentative essay topics for middle school students, you can easily help your students learn more about what makes a good argument and exactly how to guage and decipher so-called “evidence.”
As they explore topics just like the ways that schools handle bullying and whether or not the Pledge of Allegiance should be required in schools, they’ll have the opportunity to see how biased some sources may be—and how those sources can be construed to guide a particular side of an argument. Whether students decide to argue for or against a given topic, you will be sure they’ll learn plenty concerning the write my paper the different parts of an argument that is excellent way!
Make use of these essay that is argumentative to teach your middle-schoolers all about the process of delivering well-researched, evidence-based arguments to their peers.
33 Middler Schooler Argumentative Essay Topic Ideas
- Do folks have a right to Internet access?
- Do violent video gaming cause people to more likely to be violent in actual life?
- Can it be ever fair for minorities to get treatment that is special consideration?
- Does the average American have a diet that is healthy?
- Should students have a greater say with what they learn?
- Do girls or boys face more pressure—or that is societal they face equal amounts?